- Click or scroll down to find current on-campus volunteer opportunities.
- Click on Upcoming Events to find more virtual & off-campus events.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER ON-CAMPUS
The Redwood City School District (RCSD) would like to welcome back parent volunteers and partners in a systematic process to ensure health and safety for our students. Over many years, volunteers have provided assistance to our school programs and our collective efforts to educate our students in academic, social and emotional opportunities. School campuses and Human Resources already have an established and thorough process to ensure safety and communicate expectations to our volunteers. We will now be adding the COVID Vaccination proof requirement This will be similar to the requirement of TB Testing already in existence.
- Effective November 29, 2021 in order to volunteer in the Redwood City School District, the following are required:
- Volunteer Application
- Copy of Driver’s License or other government issued ID
- Current TB test (within 6 months) or completed Risk Assessment Form, signed by a doctor
- Proof of Covid Vaccination
- Live Scan Fingerprinting: Only required for any volunteer who will be alone with students – For example, driving on a field trip, chaperoning on a field trip, or working with a student on campus without being in eyesight of the teacher. At this time RCSD does not reimburse for fingerprinting costs.
The links below will take you to the RCSD site to start the process –
CURRENT ON-CAMPUS VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
FIELD DAY – TUESDAY, JUNE 7, 8AM – 11AM
Field day is a fun filled morning of outdoor games and team work. Our PE coaches have planned games and events for all students! They need some help from parent volunteers, no sporting experience is needed! One-hour time slots available for set-up, activity support, and clean-up.
Our magical library is open for student visits during lunchtime. We need volunteers to help supervise the line as kids wait their turn to enter (due to Covid precautions, a limited number of kids can be in the library). Shifts are 12-1PM every day. Sign up below.
PICK-UP/DROP-OFF TRAFFIC DUTY
To keep the drop=off and pick-up running smoothly, parent volunteers are needed. Sign up on Konstella for the Safety/Traffic Committee to sign up for a traffic duty spot. Or click on the sign-up link below.
Student Council and Parent Volunteers sell snacks and baked goods to students directly after school on Thursdays. This is a wonderful community-building ritual and parents will be needed to make it a success. Sign up here and send your students to school with $1 or $2 dollars on Thursday!
GARDEN WORK DAYS
With support from a $19K grant we are working partnership with Each Green Corner to improve and update our garden to be a sustainable & dynamic space. The scope of the project includes composting bins, improved raised garden beds, an outdoor sink, outdoor classroom materials, raised stumps, an additional storage shed, and some plants. The garden vision includes an interactive garden space and two separate outdoor learning spaces. Volunteer help is needed – Click on the sign-up links below.
Next garden workday – Sat. June 4
Tasks for the next workday: move old stumps behind benches and replace them with new stumps, measure and cut wood for work sink, cement in the work sink support, cage and prune tomatoes, weed, check orchard irrigation, and raised bed irrigation.
Healthy Cities Tutoring helps kids who struggle to succeed in school. Community volunteers provide one-on-one tutoring and mentoring for children to improve their academic performance, engagement in learning and self-esteem. Would you like to volunteer as a tutor at Orion? Please complete the quick application below. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf8Yh-3xeKB_zVgh_2PDVDLpoZ3_e_wXYk_VdK_lOYyRq1cGw/viewform
ORION S.T.E.A.M. COMMITTEE
STEAM teacher Bryan Howell and parent volunteer Jeffrey Louie invite interested parents to contribute ideas, and in the near future sign up to volunteer in the MAKER SPACE. If you are interested in supporting STEAM education at Orion, please contact our STEAM teacher, Mr. Bryan Howell, and join the STEAM Team. We are actively recruiting parent volunteers to support the Maker Space during lunch from 12-1:00 each day. Contact email@example.com
Check out the student projects and learning here: STEAM News.
- Find out more here: https://jlouie.notion.site/ORION-STEAM-Committee-cca906c79402443aa6e9fba5c1a5739b
ORION GREEN WASTE INITIATIVE
Orion students are excited to do their part to reduce lunch waste going to our local landfills and parent volunteer help is needed. Commit to one day a week or all five.
- When: recess and lunch
- Time: 10:00-10:30am daily AND/OR 11:30-12:45
- Where: Picnic tables
- How: Contact the front office to sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org
FIND OUT MORE ON KONSTELLA!
All community, parent & classroom communications will come through our new school-parent communication app, Konstella. Join today so you can get access to everything school related from your phone!