Starship Orion is the parent-teacher organization (PTO) for Orion Alternative Elementary School in Redwood City, California, and is a California registered public benefit association, with 501(3)(c) federal tax-exempt status. We are dedicated to the whole enrichment of our children and the support of our educators and community through fundraising and programs and events. Our mission includes providing financial support for educational programs and needs at Orion that are not currently funded by the district.
We are all of you! Every current parent/guardian, teacher, and employee of Orion is automatically a voting member of Starship. Join us for a monthly Starship community meeting to have your voice heard: Starship Meeting Schedule 2018-19 We need your help! All of our children benefit from a community of involved parents and caregivers. We have multiple committees that require numerous volunteers. Find a committee We need your financial support!
- Support the fundraisers. They come in all shapes and sizes, so pick what fits you and your family.
- Make a fee-free, tax-exempt donation on your credit card to Starship through the PayPal Giving Fund
- Make a direct, tax-exempt donation by writing a check to Starship Orion
- Don’t forget to ask your employer if they will do a company match!
Elected Board for 2018-2019:
- Co-Presidents: Tanaya Mills & Katie Comfort
- Treasurer: Nancy Dugery; Assistant Treasurer: Carolina Webster
- Secretary: Sheila Vyas