Recording Parent Participation Hours
How to Record Parent Participation Hours:
- Forms are due in November, February, and May.
- Only hand in one form per family. (With more than one child, hand in the form for your oldest child.)
- Parent participation commitment per family=72 hours per year for one child enrolled (SC); 108 hours per year for more than one child enrolled (MC).
- Hours must be completed by June 1. Hours earned after June 1 will be counted towards your commitment for the next school year.
- In lieu of hours, parents may offer to support school monetary purchases for up to a maximum of 49% of the required hours. A hour is equal to $10.00. In order to be credited, a dated receipt, showing the amount and type of expense MUST be attached to the parent hours log! (See the classroom teacher for items to purchase.)
- You are to keep a running log at home of the date, activity and hours of your work. These logs MUST be attached to your form and MUST show each date.
- Classroom and yard duty hours are recorded at school. The Parent Participation Recording Form will be sent home in your child/ren’s Friday folder the Friday before the form is due. The number of class and/or yard duty hours will be written in by the room coordinate.
- Be sure to TOTAL your hours on the log before submitting!
Example of log:
|Worked in classroom||Log in room||12|
|Yard duty||Log in cafeteria||5|
|Called parents to drive for field trip||9/7,8,9||1.15|
If you performed an activity more than one time, fill in all the dates on this form or attach a log that details each date.
Hours will not be counted unless recorded in a log. All logs need to be attached to the Parent Participation Recording Form that is sent in for November, February, and May.
Keep a record of everything you hand in!