Starship is the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) for the Orion Alternative Parent Cooperative and Mandarin Immersion Programs. With support and involvement from all families, Starship hosts community events and funds important resources. Starship has an elected executive board and multiple committees run by dedicated parent volunteers. Every parent is a voting member of Starship and can provide feedback, suggestions or ideas. We encourage each family to get involved in a way that works for them. Below are a few ways to participate.
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
Paren Co-Op and MI families: We need your help to meet our fundraising goal! Please send in your family’s contributions TODAY. Every dollar raised goes toward supporting our school community and enrichment programming.
Attend Starship Meetings
Monthly meetings for the 2022-2023 school year are held on the first Thursday of the month at 7:30PM virtually over Zoom. The meeting link will be available on the Upcoming Events page, Konstella, the Gazette, the Starship website & email/text reminders.
Join a Committee
We encourage families to take part in committees that take advantage of their interests and talents, whether as a leader or a contributor. Sign up on Konstella: https://www.konstella.com/cd/KU7S9V or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author Illustrator
- Los Dichos Parent Reading Program
- Family Support
- Enrichment/Chinese Cultural
Volunteer – Community Events
Starship hosts fantastic events for our school community but we depend on families to make each event successful.
- Author Illustrator Fair – Click on link for info
- Hometown Holidays Parade
- Winter Holiday Social
- Multi-Cultural Study/Events
- Lunar New Year
- Virtual Cooking Classes
- Teacher Appreciation
- Field Day
Volunteer – On Campus
- The Redwood City School District (RCSD) is welcoming parent volunteers and partners in a systematic process to ensure health and safety for our students. Over many years, volunteers have provided assistance to our school programs and our collective efforts to educate our students in academic, social and emotional opportunities. School campuses and Human Resources already have an established and thorough process to ensure safety and communicate expectations to our volunteers. A COVID Vaccination proof requirement has now been added. This is similar to the requirement of TB Testing already in existence.
- In order to volunteer in the Redwood City School District, the following are required:
- Volunteer Application – for new and returning volunteers
- COVID Vaccination Card – for new and returning volunteers
- TB Test Result – for new volunteers
- Driver’s License/Government ID – for new volunteers
- Livescan Fingerprints– Only required for any volunteer who will be alone with students. For example, driving on a field trip, chaperoning on a field trip, or working with a student on campus without being in eyesight of the teacher. At this time RCSD does not reimburse for fingerprinting costs.
Click on the link to go to the RCSD site, where you will find the volunteer application and forms needed to get started!
Other Ways to Help
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support our school. Simply log in to your Amazon account from there. You will be prompted to choose a charity. Search for Starship Orion. If you already have one, you can change it and switch any time. To donate, you must check out from smile.amazon.com, so we recommend saving it to your browser’s Favorites bar. There is no AmazonSmile app for your phone so make your big purchases via the website.
Questions? Email Starship@orionschool.org